- Beware of Halloween pranksters.
- I am not ready for it to snow. Neither is our house. I mean, there are leaves to be raked, another house painting quote to get, some insect prevention we need to do… but we got the windows weatherproofed, so that’s something. No, , they’re still not clean. Does that make you twitchy? 🙂
- And since we ‘re on the subject, there are plenty of other parts of my house that are not really clean. Just being honest.
- [I’ve got nothing for this one] spirits?
- Where ~the deer and the antelope roam…~. That’s going to be stuck in your head for the rest of the day. You’re welcome.
- Soup – thick, hearty, totally unhealthy soup – is one of my favorite meals when it’s cold out.
- And as for the weekend, tonight I’m
looking forward going to class (boo!), tomorrow my plans include writing a paper (there’s lots of this in the next 2 weeks – just assume I’m busy doing homework unless you hear differently) and Sunday, I want to accept that winter is coming and switch out my summer wardrobe for all those wool sweaters!
Oh, and as a quick update to yesterday’s post, I made a decision… not to make a decision (I suppose that was Option D). It’s totally valid.
via Friday Fill-Ins
- How can I justify eating a lemon bar for lunch? Probably can’t.
- Not much going on at the moment.
- What was not exciting about today was the hour-long meeting in which nothing was accomplished.
- And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to shopping (Simplicity patterns on sale at JoAnn this weekend), tomorrow my plans include attempting canning (preserving some hot peppers) for the first time and Sunday, I want to have a good time with friends at a new apple orchard!
*I couldn’t come up with answers to the original numbers 3, 4 and 6, so my fill-ins are much shorter this week.
via Friday Fill-Ins
- I need a haircut, massage, and maybe a facial. I have no one to blame but myself. I’ve had it written on my “to do” list for many weeks now to schedule these things, and I have yet to take care of it.
- It shouldn’t take so much to remind us lucky we
- A great deal of things should just be left unsaid. There are far too many people who like the sound of their own voice, or who think that the things they have to say are important, deep, mind-blowing, or poignant. Sadly, this is rarely true.
- I want a Redhead in Bed [link removed] in a big tall glass. Not *now*, but, you know, sometime soon. Sounds yummy.
- It was announced that there’s a new Kindle, and I’m actually kinda excited about it. I’m not really an early adopter (not according to me, that is), so that’s surprising to me.
- Sign of a good meal? It calls for steak knives.
- And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to nothing (no plans, not even what we’re going to have for dinner, so… who knows?), tomorrow my plans include wrapping up any yard work projects we have (winter might come sooner than expected, you know) and Sunday, I want to not have to brave freezing rain when picking up from the Twin Cities 10 mile (not that rain is expected, and the temperature looks to be nice – there’ve been a couple of years when it has just been miserable, though)!
via Friday Fill-Ins [link removed]
…by the way, this is my 100th Friday Fill-In! That might be the most I’ve ever used a meme!
- Do they have ice cream in heaven? They must. Seems wrong if they didn’t.
- The mosquitoes were quite happy we were working outside last night; it was as if we hadn’t put any bug spray on at all (though we had). Perhaps 7 pm is not the best time to do yard work, but it’s the only time we’ve got.
- That was
a an unpleasant task – it seems that much of our yard is composed of heavily compacted clay.
- Later that evening, our couch seemed so comfortable.
- As I said, it was rough going, and I didn’t even do that much work. My body isn’t so much built for digging, or connecting hose, both of which require lots of upper body strength. I did great with removing the rocks (stupid rocks) above the black plastic (stupid black plastic) so that it would be easier to dig with the trenching shovel later. That was a 5 minute task. I’m also good with remembering what goes where and little details that are important, but not very labor intensive. This project is not exactly playing to my strengths.
- I’m always looking for a book that has some new twist. But most of them are the same-old, same old, especially since I’ve been reading the same genre for months on end. I think it’s time to switch it up.
- And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to pizza (this will get me through the pain of having to go to class in the middle-of-nowhere-St-Paul from 7:30-9 tonight, which is truly a crime against humanity), tomorrow my plans include homework (welcome to the new semester… here’s 500 pages of reading) and Sunday, I want to be able to state with some amount of finality that the irrigation project is completed for the year!
via Friday Fill-Ins
On a side note, I found this cute “updo” the other day through Pinterest and it is with mixed emotions that I report my hair is too long to do this hairstyle. Bummer, because it’s cute, but also awesome, because my hair is long. (And to think a “short 10 years ago” it was barely 1″ long….)
As another side note (, this is for you), I found a new variation to browned butter sauce that was delicious! The internet led me to a white wine variation. Fabulous. Make it like regular browned butter sauce, but add in the wine after the butter is all browned. It even works if the wine you have at your disposal isn’t worth drinking (I found a bottle in our fridge left over from the weekend, and it was a Chardonnay, which I don’t care for, and hadn’t been sealed well – totally not drinkable, but excellent over pasta).