OK, I wasn’t going to post anything else today, but I cannot get these songs out of my head!
So, if you have 10 minutes and need to be entertained, here you go… KS95 re-made Katy Perry’s “California Gurls” into “Minnesota Girls.” If you haven’t heard the Katy Perry version, here’s the video on YouTube*. Here’s the KS95 version, which cracks me up. If you take out all the Minnesota-isms (“ya, you betcha” and “oh sure”), it pretty much holds true for most midwesterners, so as long as you know a Minnesotan or anyone who lives in the midwest, you should find it amusing.
*I haven’t actually watched this video, as that is inadvisable on my current internet connection. I assume that it’s PG-13, but can’t promise anything. The KS95 version is rated G (in my opinion).
While prepping pics for some future blog posts, I had a little too much fun in Picnik.
Matea is waiting for Santa
But Korben is unamused that I would desecrate his photo like this.
I found this on a blog I was reading, and had to have some fun myself. Introducing my Simpson-self:
Check out the author’s name of this book: Unruly River.
Somehow, I ended up at this article on FoxNews about weird sex laws. It’s similar to things you’ve probably seen around the internet before, so perhaps you may just want to skip this post if you’re bored of all that. Here are a few things I found amusing/interesting from the list:
- I broke the law last week by sleeping naked. Apparently illegal in my state.
- I’m a fan of the law that says men in Minnesota aren’t allowed to have sex with live fish. Dead fish, apparently, are perfectly acceptable. EW!
- I’m guessing the law about it being illegal to serenade your girlfriend in Kalamazoo really put a damper in some people’s plans to do just that after watching Say Anything in 1989.
- I wonder how Florida lawmakers thought people were actually going to get clean while showering, if it is (was?) illegal to do so naked.
- Good to know that while I was in Arizona, if I so wanted to, I could have gone topless and not broken any laws. (My job security, however, would have decreased tenfold, and it wasn’t that high to begin with. Wonder if, since I was on the reservation, it might still have been illegal….)
That’s all I’ve got. We’re out of town this weekend for a wedding. Hope everyone has a good one!
It’s amazing the things you can find on the internet. This group I found in Flickr (wedding pictures almost ready to share!) and thought of you, .
The New York Times had an interesting article with a searchable database that told me the following:
- My old last name, Johnson, is #2 in the list of most common last names (a list of 5,000). 688 of every 100,000 people have it, and its rank is unchanged since 1990.
- My new last name is #272 in the list of most common last names. Approximately 37 of every 100,000 people have my last name. It moved UP 57 ranks since 1990.
Interested in how your last name ranks?
Yes, I did notice that my new template isn’t the right dimensions for photos. And I’m too tired to deal with it today. So you will just have to be patient.
But, to entertain you…. got me hooked on a new comic strip. He says it’s published M-W-F, or something like that. Here are my favorites, and I think you’ll see why.
This morning while on my coffee break, I saw a bird taking a bath in a puddle between two cards in a parking lot downtown. It was clearly the best bath he’d ever had, and he was very excited about it. Wish I could get that excited about my shower in the mornings.
While out for lunch (soup from the bagel place), I experienced my very own Overheard In New York moment (edited for those of us who just don’t like those words).
White gangster with child in tow: F’ers. F-ing impatient mother-f’ers when I’ve got a two year old….
I presume that a bus left before he was able to catch it. However, he wasn’t running, and he was walking down the wrong side of the street to catch a bus from, so I’m not really sure.
From Overheard in the Office (which I don’t often read, but I’m that bored):
From I Can Has Cheezburger?:
From Cute Overload:
Hope you enjoy!
Go look at this picture. It reminded me of you (only because every time you hear a child cry, you say “I felt that way too this morning”).
I just read the most fabulous “instructable” of someone who truly tried to make lemonade out of lemons. “Make Life Better with a Sailboat-in-a-Closet” was written by a guy after his divorce, and he’s got some tongue-in-cheek humor and while I’ll never make a sailboat, I just thought it was clever enough to focus your attention on.
**Yes, I totally stole that pic from one of the blogs I read today, but I’m way too lazy to check which one it was. But I didn’t steal bandwidth, just the image. Promise.