I figured it was about time that I’d share some more links with you, and with school starting today (for pre-college students, that is), and the change in weather, well, I thought cookie recipes fit the bill. I narrowed down the list (because I’ve got more bookmarked that I didn’t share) and included only those cookies that would work for a school lunch (that is, wouldn’t get smooshed or melty or gooey). Enjoy!
Sandwich Cookies – who doesn’t love a good sandwich cookie, especially after a nice sandwich? OK, I don’t really care for the sandwich, just give me the cookies. I’ve even got some non-chocolate varieties here. I don’t even think I need to sell you on them – their names do it for me.
- Chocolate-Malt Sandwiches | MarthaStewart.com
- Pink Grapefruit Sandwich Cookies | MarthaStewart.com
- Lemon Cream Cookies | Cannelle et Vanille
- Chocolate Peppermint Sandwich Cookies | Joy the Baker
- Hazelnut and Chocolate Cookies | cookworm
Chocolate Chip-like Cookies – classic, and a favorite, but sometimes it needs to get mixed up a bit, you know?
- Chocolate Chunk & Vanilla Bean Cookies | Coconut & Lime- more vanilla and chocolate chunks? Heaven.
- Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies | Baked Perfection- OK, not for me, but for all of you who think that chocolate and mint are a good idea, here’s the recipe for you.
- Oatmeal Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies | Joy the Baker – this is my idea of the perfect chocolate chip cookie (well, I could go either way on the oatmeal part).
- The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Ever | Blisstree- variations of this idea have been making the rounds on the internet for years, but here’s another one to try out.
Miscellaneous Cookies – do I need to describe why these cookies might be good? I think not.
- Almond-Orange Shortbread | MarthaStewart.com- They might not be chocolate, but they sure sound tasty.
- better than brownie cookies | real life foodie adventures- better than brownies? That is a bold statement.
- Jen’s Chocolate Crinkles | LKS- love, love, love chocolate crinkles!
- Matcha Green tea shortbread leaves | Kirbie’s Cravings- mmm, more options for using my matcha powder!
- Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies | MarthaStewart.com- I’m not sure if these would actually survive a school lunch or not. If you try them out, let me know!
- Vanilla Malted Cookies | MarthaStewart.com- malt in a cookie? Definitely worth trying.
- Lemon Poppy-Seed Cookies | A Bowl Of Mush – I love lemon poppy seed cake/bread. In cookie form? Could be perfection.
Bar Cookies – a must-have list for Minnesotans, and generally helpful for anyone with a big family or who has a cookie monster in his/her family. Or maybe a company potluck coming up.
- Chocolate-Coconut Bars | MarthaStewart.com- Can’t go wrong with chocolate and coconut.
- Samoas Bars | Baking Bites- that’s right, imitation Girl Scout Cookies, but easier.
- Lemon-Poppy Seed Shortbread | Lottie + Doof – ditto what I said earlier about lemon poppy seed cake/bread.
- Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars | Dine and Dish – just had a delicious snickerdoodle this weekend (from Noodles & Co – I give it 4 out of 5 for a fast food cookie), and it just left me wanting more. Alas, I’m the only person in my house who likes snickerdoodles, and the last thing I need is to eat an entire batch of cookies.
via Google Reader (Shared Items)