Next Tuesday is the final night of my literacy class, and so we are having a party. I volunteered to bring lemon bars, because sometimes I like to make things other than cookies. However, this has me searching for a lemon bar recipe that is … similar to those they used to serve at Starbucks (they may still, but I don’t frequent Starbucks anymore, so I don’t know). Searching through all the recipes I have bookmarked (to share with you all, of course), here are the lemon-y ones I found.
- Citrus Bars | marthastewart.com – Basic, classic lemon bars.
- Creamy Lemon Bars | Straight from the Farm – Rave reviews of this in the comments.
- Lemon Bars – Everything Nice – Double the filling. Interesting. But… I love the shortbread crust part too! Oh, what to do?
- Ultimate Lemon Butter Bars | Apartment Therapy The Kitchn – This is closer to what I want to make, but will take a lot more work. The only time I have to bake is Sunday afternoon, or late Monday night after class.
- Lemon Coconut Bars – Probably not the best for class, since not everyone loves coconut, but I sure do. Ooh, these would be good with lime juice subbed in, wouldn’t they? ~You take the lime and the coconut…~
- Lemon-Olive Oil Cake | TheKitchenSinkRecipes.com – Cake, oh I love you. I would eat all of you, right now. You know, to help you fulfill your destiny.
- Lemon Buttermilk Tart | Rosa’s Yummy Yums – I’ve never made a tart before. This looks like a good recipe to start with. Since the “crust” is just shortbread, I wonder if would eat this (he who eschews all things crust-like).
- Tartest Lemon Tart | Babette Feasts – Because I really need an excuse to buy a creme brulee set like this one.
- Key Lime Pie | King Arthur Flour – OK, not lemon at all, but this looks so much better than the “Key Lime Pie” flavor of Yoplait Light yogurt that I had for lunch. Sigh.
via Google Reader (Shared Items)