- Take down and put away leftover winter decorations, including all the Christmas mugs, the “let it snow” signs, and the snowman pillow. It’s getting to be embarrassing.
- Sew up the sheers and curtains for the patio door, and sheers for the transom window, and install all of it including the curtain tiebacks.
- Go to the bookstore (Half Price is preferable) and get the next book after Two Shall Become One and try to find the remaining four books in the Pern series. I have nothing to read before going to bed. And by nothing, I mean I don’t have the books I just listed. Our house is full of books.
- To satisfy my own creativity, sketch out (on paper, not in my head) what I’d like the built-in bookshelves in the basement to look like. We’ve got quite some time until this needs to be for real sketched out (like with measurements and stuff), but all the ideas I have keep jumping about in my head, and I’m afraid one might fall out.
- Re-acquaint myself with the gym.
- Buy plane tickets.
- Drink lots of water. I think I’ve kicked the sore throat, but I’m not totally un-sick, and I think drinking water and consuming some Vitamin C won’t hurt.
- Watch the latest Netflix that came to our house.
- Make serious forward-progress on the rest of the semester’s homework. I’m caught up, but I’ve been doing the bare minimum since Spring Break (and Spring fever). There are some big projects that are pretty much on track, but finishing them early wouldn’t be bad.
- Clean. Houses always need to be cleaned. Apartments too, really. Especially if you live with two cats who shed a lot even when it’s not Spring.
- Attempt to clear off a significant portion of my cutting table. All of the ironing has been done, and most is put away. How have I managed to fill up a 36×72 table with stuff?
- Do something with all the magazines that are stacking up on the coffee table.
- Photograph the stuff in the “to sell on Etsy” box.
- Call or otherwise speak to my friends. Hi, how are you? I have several gift certificates to restaurants I want to share with you.
- Purchase and install handles on the doors of the cabinet in my office. (Have I mentioned that earlier this week, Ikea changed the status of the out-of-stock door from “we don’t know when to expect this” to “you can’t buy this at this store?” Grr. I don’t have any trips planned to another Ikea store anytime soon (especially since we live 5 minutes from this one).
- Finish/start/make progress on any number of painting projects that are in my head or around the house in various stages of completion.
*By should, I mean that it is highly unlikely that more than one or two of these things will get done. There’s no actual list for the weekend. That would ruin the lovely weekend-y feel of it. Have you noticed it stays light out until 7:30 these days? I’ve been feeling much more productive (but that doesn’t mean that I won’t sleep in past 9 on Saturday).
What are your shoulds?