Whoops. Totally missed that milestone.

In case you were wondering, last Friday was one year of being caffeine-free (with a few exceptions). Who would have thought I could last that long?

After discovering a new blog today, I’ve decided to throw the ice cream attachment (for the KitchenAid mixer) into the freezer tonight. It should be all nice and cold for tomorrow night, when I can make matcha (green tea) ice cream. I’m pretty sure I can multi-task making ice cream and homework. Tonight I hope to finish up (or mostly finish up) the doll quilt for Doll Quilt Swap 7. I just need to pick out a backing fabric, quilt it, and bind it. Assuming I don’t try and get fancy*, that’s easily done in a night. Oh, and throw on that last coat of polyurethane on the cabinet door that I keep forgetting about. It’s a good thing we have a lot more surfaces to test out ideas on.

Last night, armed with the gift card my father-in-law gave me for my birthday, we went to McCormick and Schmick’s to celebrate our two year anniversary. Oh, boy, did we indulge. We ordered an appetizer, drinks, and even desert, not to mention, of course, the main course and salads. Everything was delicious. I splurged on Alaskan King crab legs, which were fabulous, and also enjoyed a mixed green salad which had a tangy dressing, bleu cheese crumbles, and candied walnuts (a very confusing mixture of flavors, but I actually ate all of it, and that’s unheard of). I didn’t eat all of the mashed potatoes (which were just so-so, but hardly the focus of the meal), but everything else was devoured. (Also, my wine choices were not spectacular, but that can be forgiven.) had fish and chips, which is about the only seafood he likes (there were also some steak options, and one chicken dish, for those of you who are interested). The creme brule I had for desert was exquisite, and all together, it was all worth the discomfort I felt afterward (for eating so much). We went to Barnes and Noble to walk off the overly-full feeling, and I found a new quilt book and some magazines.

I had made reservations, but we totally didn’t need them (better safe than sorry, though). Since it was kind of a swanky place, and mostly seafood, there were no screaming kids, which was also enjoyable. Towards the end of our meal it started getting pretty loud, so if that sort of thing bothers you, I’d suggest going for an earlier dinner (our reservation was at 6, and we were there until 8). And, if you’d like to try them out but don’t want to spend a lot of cash, consider lunch. They have New England Clam Chowder for $3-4, and salads for $5-6. That wouldn’t be too bad for a weekend lunch at a fancy restaurant (it’s no dollar menu, but the quality is significantly better).

My desk here at work is clean again, including all those dust bunnies that seem to congregate around electronics. I was starting to feel a bit chaotic.

That’s about it for me. I seem to keep running out of time to do all the things I want to. Must mean it’s fall.

*I frequently end up trying to put extra squares on the back or otherwise make it pretty, but I find it difficult to get everything lined up correctly, so more often than not, it ends up a tad wonky. I think this time I’ll stick with a solid piece of vintage fabric. I wonder if I have some bright stripes for the binding….