An accomplishment of epic proportions

OK, that might be over-selling it a bit. However, it feels like a huge accomplishment.

What is it, exactly, that I’m talking about?

fabric_stack_for_nine_patches
Sunday afternoon, I pulled together this stack of fabric.

Which I turned into this:

nine_patches_061409
First four nine patches
nine_patches_cut_out
And, I have enough strips cut out and ready to go to make nine more!

It’s all for AmandaJean’s One a Day Quilt-a-long [link removed] of scrappy nine patches.

Sure, today is day 50 and I should have 50 done, so perhaps 4 doesn’t seem like that big of a deal. But, let me tell you, it took a whole lot of work to get to this point. Not only is my office finally painted, but Friday night I got all of my fabric out of boxes, organized (with a different scheme than I had at the old house), and put away. I haven’t taken pictures yet, but I’m quite pleased.

And there was a little bit more ironing (an hour or so) that I had to do, as well.

And then, finally, I could sit down on Sunday afternoon, pull out the cutting mat, and start. (And then I was reminded that I hate my current sewing machine – I’ll have to get that fixed soon. A new machine, I mean, not fixing the old one.)

So wonderful. I’m not sure the other nine will get done tonight. Prince Charming’s mom is coming to visit our house for the first time, and I really need to go to Target. That may or may not leave much time left. But no bother, there’s always Tuesday.