Editor’s note: This meme is posted so late in the day on Fridays that I have already left work by the time it pops up on Google Reader, which is darned annoying, seeing as how I almost never check my Reader at home, and definitely not on Friday nights. So… look forward to Four for Fridays on Mondays.
- Homeownership: Burden or Joy? Joy. First of all, I’d love to own a different home, so clearly that’d be a joy to me. But really, I love making home improvements and all that stuff ( is groaning as he reads this). I grew up watching my parents continually make improvements on the homes we lived in (at one point, the moved an entire wall five feet to make the kitchen bigger), and it just seems natural to me. I like the feeling of satisfaction at the end of a project, and the continued joy after the fact of getting to use/enjoy that project (like our pantry), or even just the end of an annoyance. I know they’re a lot of work, especially the work we don’t have to do right now because the Association takes care of it, but I think the trade-off is worthwhile. But, as ke again in 5 years. I may feel differently.
- School Year: Make it longer to boost students’ academic achievements or shorter or the same so kids can be kids? I’m undecided on this. I suppose as a future teacher I should have an opinion, but I don’t. I know lots of teachers like having summer break off, and we’d have to pay teachers more if they were working more. But, 3 months might be too long. Maybe a two month summer vacation? June isn’t that bad of a month to still be in school (but August, when it’s boiling outside, in a school without air-conditioning, is just cruel).
- Weekend: Saturday morning or Sunday morning? Saturday, because then I know there’s still another morning to sleep in.
- Quickly: Instant Messaging or Texting? Neither, really. I do a bit of both, mostly with , but not to any great extent.
- Bonus Question: Newspaper: Hardcopy or Online edition? Online. The only newspaper worth getting in paper is the Sunday version, because of the coupons and sales fliers in the middle. I like reading the online version of five different newspapers, though, and like that I can pick and choose the articles I want to read (without out the waste of all that paper for all the articles, like the entire Sports section, that I don’t want).