And now, Etsy shall love me

I’ve got the first half of the cows up in my Etsy shop now, as well as the candle holders (or egg cups, if you prefer). Flickr has been having difficulties all day, but they claim to have fixed the problems now. Something about databases having trouble communicating with each other, which sounds like a big deal to me. Hopefully I’ll get the other candle holders I have at home finished this week and get those online too. I had fun giving each of the cows a name (call me a dork, I don’t care). If you look around there and see any glaring errors or spelling mistakes or whatever, let me know so I don’t look like a total buffoon on the internet.

I’m also trying to learn not to put two spaces between my sentences, after having read an article today that explained why this is an obsolete practice. My thumb is having trouble remembering though.

Boring day at work. I got caught up on some projects but have saved some icky ones and am trying to avoid doing them, but I think I have no more excuses. Bummer.

Quick photo update then, before attacking these tasks.

I finished the cows over the weekend. Here is the first batch going into the oven to cure, and the second batch drying. My favorite one is the French one, and I’d keep her but I’m guessing someone will snatch that her up. Just a guess though.

I also made a bazillion cookies. Or, three batches. Whatever.

Jumbo Black Bottom Coconut Macaroons

I made up Jumbo Black Bottom Coconut Macaroons, Totally Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies (not a typo), and Toasted Coconut Washboards (those are kind of hidden in the picture underneath the chocolate ones). All are quite yummy, though the next time I make the macaroons I will make them about a third of the size because I didn’t quite care for the inside texture, and I will also use an electric mixer instead of trying to whip egg whites into soft peaks by hand. I don’t recommend that. Note to self: purchase a wire whisk, because the large plastic one is crap for delicate tasks like this. Also, I will re-make the Washboards and toast up much more coconut and melt much more white chocolate, and paint the bottoms entirely with it and sprinkle the coconut on them. That was the best part (plus, I will not roll one batch too thin – I think they’re better when they’re thicker and not so crispy, as the one I ate was).

My co-workers devoured their share (one plate), and I’m guessing the plate at ‘s workplace is equally empty (there’s 3/4 of one cookie left here). It wasn’t my plan to make up all three batches. I made the Chocolate ones up Friday night (I think, or maybe Saturday afternoon?) and then on Sunday I was going to make up the washboards, but I got partway into it when I realized that my mixer bowl for the KitchenAid was currently in the dishwasher, so I had to come up with a way to spend half an hour. So I made up the Macaroons, which didn’t require a mixer (technically, though see afore-mentioned note on that). In the end, it was not as many cookies as you might think, since the recipes in Big Fat Cookies generally make smaller amounts (though the cookies are quite large) – there were 9 macaroons, 17 chocolate ones, and about 24 washboards. There are less than 10 in a bag at home to be eaten by us. (I’ll post recipes if anyone requests and/or can find out what the general copyright rules are about that.)

Jumbo Black Bottom Coconut Macaroons, Totally Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies (not a typo), and Toasted Coconut Washboards (those are kind of hidden in the picture underneath the chocolate ones).
Totally Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

Saturday morning and came over and helped us paint our garage, which is now super white. I don’t have pictures because we’re not quite done yet, but there will be a nice before-and-after post when that’s finally done. We have some touch-up work, some cleaning, and then generally putting it back together first. Not sure when we’ll get to it, but I’m glad that the weather is finally nice and warm and it’s OK to keep my car parked outside (and by OK I mean that I don’t have to worry about scraping snow off my car in the morning and being late for the bus).

In the afternoon, in the rain (we were led to believe that it would rain on Sunday as well, which it did not), we went to Gertens and bought some plants. Mostly peppers, actually. bought four different varieties of hot peppers (chili, red, jalepeno, and banana I think), and I bought some herbs (rosemary, dill, marjoram, and chives) and a stoplight pepper plant (red, yellow and green bell peppers).

We planted them on Sunday, but I neglected to take pictures of that, so you only get a shot of them in their as-purchased habitat.
Stoplight Bell Peppers
Finally, Korben would like you to know that he loves boxes. This one made him very happy all weekend. Jumping in, jumping out. The only thing that didn’t make him happy was when Prince Charming thumped the side and he got scared. That cat is skittish beyond belief. There’s some good video I took as well, but I’m still working on getting that pulled together and one day I will have a very cute “a day in the life of…” video for you.