An overview of the last few days, in no particular order… [Editor’s note: in an attempt to be less verbose, if you want to know more, click on the pictures to go to the Flickr pages where I’ve already made comments.]
Wednesday night, in addition to making meatballs, I also attempted to make chicken stock. It turned out well.
I must praise Plaid’s website [link removed], makers of Mod Podge [link removed], for their excellent advice. I was worried because it wasn’t very detailed, but I thought it was worth a shot. Thursday after work I stopped and picked up some Hard Coat Mod Podge [link removed] and followed their instructions [link removed] and the candle holders I’m working on didn’t bubble up and wrinkle like before! Amazing, especially in that it took me 5 tries of continually worse attempts before I checked their website.
No pictures yet of the good ones – I’ll hopefully finish them this weekend and then will have pictures to share. The only bummer about the Hard Coat Mod Podge is that it has to cure for 4 weeks. So either they sit around the house for 4 weeks curing, or I put them on Etsy and tell people I can’t ship for 4 weeks (or can, but they’ll have to keep curing at the purchaser’s house). Not sure which one is preferable at this point.
Also, the samples I ordered from J Caroline Creative arrived.
And lastly, an obligatory photo. His parents gave him a buzz cut on Monday and sent me some pics. He’s so cute!