Happy [Belated] Valentine’s Day!

Yesterday’s Valentine’s festivities included picking up dinner for me (Jimmy Johns), and me attempting to stay awake until 9pm. I also showered and put on pants. It was a big day.

So those complaints I had on Wednesday about being sick? Yeah, they nearly overwhelmed me by the end of the day. Somehow, I made it all the way through knitting class, perhaps sheerly by force of will. I got home at 9, gave a kiss on the forehead, crawled into the shower, and then into bed. I woke up feeling even worse. I hurt everywhere. There was no way I was going to work. So I re-set my alarm for 8 so I could call in sick, took some more medication, and attempted to get some more sleep. At 11 I decided to get out of bed, so I wandered downstairs and stared at the television for two hours while eating animal crackers, before figuring out that television was crap and my time would be better spent sleeping. So I went back upstairs to bed. I got up at 4, showered, put on real clothes, and stared at the TV some more. called on his way home from work wanting to know about dinner. (Have I mentioned we didn’t go grocery shopping this week? It seemed like a good idea at the time, but perhaps it was not.) He was quite wonderful about my inability to pick out food, and found something I was able to consume. For my part, I managed to stay awake (kind of) until 9. I read for a little while in bed, and fell into blissful sleep. For those keeping track, I was awake perhaps 8 non-consecutive hours yesterday. Woo-hoo. Good thing we didn’t have big V-Day plans.

This morning I woke up feeling [comparatively] much better. I debated for a long time whether or not to come in, but eventually decided to go to work. Perhaps that was not the wisest choice, but it’s made now, and it’s fairly quite here today at work. I’m at maybe 60 or 70% (compared to yesterday’s 10-20%), so I can be slightly productive. Thankfully the phones have only rung once and it was for . And we have Monday off for President’s Day (though I do have to go to class).

So, I’m going to try to make it through the day. I’m hoping won’t get sick, which is a reasonable hope since I’ve never gotten sick from him. Thankfully I finished my homework for the week on Monday night, so there’s not much to do this weekend. Some knitting and cleaning and grocery shopping. Oh, and hopefully getting a new radio put in my car. All sorts of fun in our house.