I haven’t really written anything of substance in a while, have I. What have I been up to? Well, there are two weeks left of the semester, so you take a guess.
- Read Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass
- Re-read above for purpose of writing paper
- Wrote paper on above Sunday morning
- Read Kaffir Boy
- Re-read above for purpose of writing paper – this was basically Saturday
- Wrote paper on above Sunday morning
- Went to see Race: Are We So Different? at the Science Museum on Thursday after work, comp ticket courtesy of
- Wrote paper on above experience for extra-credit Sunday afternoon
- There was a lot of other reading of various textbooks
- And a quiz or two
- I did manage to have time to clean a little bit sometime last week, so the large pile of crap that had spilled all over the floor is now a smallish pile of paperwork sitting atop my laundry bin (yeah, not the best place for filing)
- I also made time to clean the fish tank, which is much better now, though there’s still an algae issue – I’m working on it
- I did not make time to clean the litterbox until Sunday night. I should have made time for that earlier.
- Rewarded self on Saturday by letting myself take time to go see Blades of Glory, which and I have been meaning to see for more than a month now.
- I haven’t gone grocery shopping in several weeks. Pizza Luce has visited my house a few times though.
- We also spent a little bit of time working on our registries, which are looking pretty good. Once classes are over, I need to decide on the stationary for our invites, and buy the silk flowers to make the bouquets for myself and my bridesmaids, so that I can take them with me to confirm with the florist.
We finally got our grades back on the last exam in my online class, the one I wasn’t sure how I did on. I knew the subject matter and thought I got the answers right, but my essays really didn’t seem long enough to be worth the points. What grade did I get, you ask? 79.5. Out of 80. I missed half a point. Why do I worry about grades again?
It will be nice to have the summer off. Even though there will still be wedding planning, there won’t be three classes and all the homework that comes with that. That will be nice. I’m setting up my hammock as soon as I submit my last final exam. I haven’t seen my friends in forever. I know has (or had?) a job interview, and there was mention of shopping as well. and I have quite conflicting calendars, which will end when the semester does.
It is the final stretch, however. I’ve got…
- A lot of reading
- Some online discussions to participate in, which includes finishing watching Hotel Rwanda (we got to a point that I just couldn’t handle it anymore – the nuns having to leave the kids from the orphanage was just too much)
- One quiz
- Three final exams (none of which are cumulative)
That’s it! It was nice to get those papers done on Sunday.
This weekend, apart from the regular homework, we are having brunch at ‘s house with ‘s parents. And is being dedicated (kinda like baptism, but not) on Sunday morning. I think is going to Festival of Nations on Saturday, but I will be at home doing homework. Maybe studying for my finals, so that Mother’s Day weekend, which is also ‘s 25th birthday, I can have some time to celebrate with those I love (no, , this does not mean you; and, lest the rest of you think I’m crazy, she’s been known to turn the music on in iTunes, so it’s not outside the world of possibility that she could find my blog – OK so it is, but… whatever).
I did get a new book at work, so I’m spending my time reading Dreamweaver 8: The Missing Manual. Work bought it for me. It may not be exciting to you, but it is to me. I still haven’t figured out how to do the things that I’m looking for, but I’m only on page 143, of 936.
Back to my reading!