(chosen for because on the linked page there’s a picture of Christopher Walken)
- What do you like or dislike about autumn? I love autumn, every part of it, with the exception of it’s promise that winter is right around the corner. Definitely my favorite season. Sweaters and blankets to wrap up in and the colors of clothing and how enjoyable it is to have a cup of hot cocoa when you come in from outdoors (but not necessary like it is in winter).
- Have you raked leaves into a pile just to jump in them? Sadly, no. I think when I was little though would make piles just so and I could party in the leaves. There are probably incriminating photos somewhere.
- Have you ever carved a pumpkin and how did it turn out? Yes I’ve carved a pumpkin, almost every year, with the exception of college, though I don’t think I did last year (but I was on a senior high retreat for Halloween weekend). Usually if I use one of the patterns they have now I do OK. When I was a kid (and all we had to play with was rocks and sticks and we didn’t have electricity or running water) and just cut one up, even when drawing it out first, it always turned out horribly.
- Have you ever eaten anything made from pumpkins other than pie? When I was in high school, YM Magazine (go way back in the days to retrieve that reference) had a recipe in one issue that was for Pumpkin-Chocolate Bread-in-a-Can. It was a marble-loaf kind of thing that you baked in 1lb coffee cans (pretty hard to come by). Everyone loved it, but we lost the recipe and have been unable to find one since.
- Where is a good spot to see the leaves change color where you live? All along the river, and probably up north, but I haven’t actually done that myself to say for sure.