I’ve got about 10 memes up in my browser. We’ll see which ones I actually complete.
The Music Memoirs
Top 5 Crying Songs (interpret as you wish)
- “All By Myself” by Jamie o’Neal comes to mind, from that scene in Bridget Jones’ Diary that I hope I never feel led to replicate
- “One Moment More” by Mindy Smith
- “Concrete Angel” by Martina McBride
- To be totally cheesy, “Friends” by Michael W Smith
- “Little Girl” by John Michael Montgomery
- Have you ever kissed another blogger’s ass fawningly admired another blogger (on your blog or their comments) just because you think of them as a blog world celebrity? Not because I thought of them as a celebrity, but I have given high praise because I thought they were cool.
- Have you ever avoided another blogger because you considered them to be inferior (poor grammar, bad design, boring read, crappy photographs, lousy blog platform, etc.)? I haven’t avoided another blogger (seeing as how I don’t really know any in person), but I have avoided their blogs. It’s just not worth my time (which is a huge insult considering I’m bored out of my skull at work looking for the slightest bit of entertainment).
- Have you ever left a comment out of pity (because it was so obvious that they weren’t as popular as you!)? Um, I don’t know if I’ve ever felt someone wasn’t as popular as I am. Clearly this question was not written for me.
- And last, but not least, have you ever giggled like a little girl because “a playful primate” graced you with a comment or a link back? I’ve giggled like a little girl, but never because I got a comment or a link back. I’ve smiled and been happy with comments though.
Friday Fiver: I have the most terrible rabbit infestation
- What’s your favorite animated characters? Winnie The Pooh
- Violence in cartoons – funny or harmful? Horrible unless it’s clearly adult-oriented cartoons, and even then I think it might just be sugar-coated crap that kids are going to watch anyways and it’ll lead to the downfall of our society (that might be taking it a bit far… melodrama anyone?)
- Can you do any impressions? Not well. I do a halfway decent Miracle Max’s wife (from The Princess Bride, “liar, liar!”) and … something else. I can never seem to remember both impressions that I do at the same time. Always forgetting one of them. Probably because neither are really worth the time (though it is often fun to yell “liar, liar!” at work.
- Would you consider yourself artistic? Autistic? No, wait. Um, depends on your definition of artistic. Let’s go with creative.
- What’s your favorite type of cheese? I have to pick a favorite? Don’t you know they’re all good? It depends what we’re talking about here. I mean, Havarti is good on a turkey sandwich, whole-milk mozzarella is just… mmm, and there’s nothing like a good pepperjack with avocados and fried eggs on an English muffin.
Four for Friday
- When you were in high school or college, did you purchase/wear a class or school ring? If so, do you wear it anymore? I don’t weary my class ring anymore (just like I don’t wear my letter jacket – that’s so 10 years ago), but I do often wear my grandmother’s class ring. I was very proud of my own class ring throughout high school though, seeing as how I paid for it all by myself.
- How often do you use a public or college or university library? What’s the last book you checked out of a library? I haven’t been to the library in a while. I went a few weeks ago to use the internet and found I couldn’t without a library card, and so I left. Because the last books I checked out of the library were returned… very late, and I think they still want money from me. I consider that the new wing on my public library back home in Illinois was funded mostly through my late fines. Strange, since I worked at a library in college (and does). But in college I could auto-renew them while at work, so that helped.
- Earlier this week, Apple introduced a video-enabled version of its ubiquitous iPod. Do you own an iPod or MP3 player? If so, do you download and listen to non-music podcasts? If you do listen to podcasts, which ones are you currently subscribed/listening to? If you do not own an iPod or comparable device, would you like to have one? If so, do you think you’d use your new iPod mostly for music or podcasts? My pda runs Windows Media Player, which is all I need these day. No podcasts for me.
- How concerned are you about a widespread outbreak of what’s being called the Avian Flu? I only thought about it briefly and wondered about friends, having spent a bit of time in Romania. When they had some flooding a few months back, I emailed to see if her friends were OK, since she spent 6 months there, but I didn’t think the Avian Flu was worthy of another email.