These are my new Post-Its:
Aren’t they fun? For those of you reading who desire a certain someone to kiss you soon, perhaps you should place these upon your face (or anywhere you wish to be kissed) and hope for the best.
Listening to: phones ringing
10 years ago:
- I was 15 (yeah, do the math)
- I was a sophomore in high school
- I worked at ‘s store on weekends
7 years ago:
- I graduated high school and started college
- I got my second kiss (thank you, )
- I made some of the best friends of my life
5 years ago:
- I worked in San Francisco for the summer
- I was in love with *multiple* boys (only a few of which were in love with me)
- My parents divorce was final
- started college
3 years ago:
- I graduated college and moved to Michigan
- I was very lonely in Michigan
- Several friends of mine got married
- Several cars that I owned died (in rapid succession, I went through 4 cars that year)
2 years ago:
- I moved to Minnesota after the church I was working at got rid of the pastor
- I was very cold in Minnesota, but not as lonely because lives here
- Watched go through heartbreak, and then find the love of her life,
- I went through pain myself as I was fired from a job unexpectedly
- I went on the adventure of a lifetime to Arizona for the summer (Rodeo-Chediski fire included at no extra cost)
1 year ago:
- I made some great friends (see pic below)
- I was settling into two new jobs (they’re only temporary, but now I’ve been here… longer than I thought)
- I started losing touch with friends from college
- It is very hot at work, but cold and rainy outside (rain is better than freezing rain or snow though!)
- I’m applying to Seminary
- I’m healed a lot from my two negative church experiences
- I have two adorable cats and one pretty cool roommate (even if she was moody yesterday)
- I have a meeting at tonight that I’m not terribly excited about
- I’m getting my hair colored (I miss the blond streaks!)
- Who knows?
- Hopefully I’ll get to join the gym soon so I can look great for ‘s wedding in May
Listening to: Van Morrisson, “Best Of,” Warm Love
I helped her pack her car up on Saturday and she drove back to Cincinnati sometime yesterday. She leaves on Sunday for Malawi. Amazing. No summer vacation this year for our birthdays.
Here's how we spent most of last summer.
(l to r: me, , )
Listening to: Van Morrisson, “Brown-Eyed Girl”
I was reading Marie Claire Magazine last night and came upon an article that has inspired me today. Today I am beautiful. I am not just sexy, I am sultry. I have the smoky eye, I have the schwoopy bangs, I’ve got the red sweater that clings just right to the good Vicky bra (not the comfortable one, the good one), and the red reflects onto my face so I don’t get that “you look so pale, are you alright?” question. I’m walking through the skyway telling myself, I look good. I look great. People look my way and I tell myself they’re thinking, damn she’s hot, and, gee I wish I could have that Frappuccino and stay that thin but it all goes to my hips….
Hey, it’s a rare high-self-esteem day. I revel in them.
“When was the last time you…
1. …went to the doctor?
September, to talk about my medications.
2. …went to the dentist?
October for a crown
3. …filled your gas tank?
Can’t remember. Honestly. The light came on last night.
4. …got enough sleep?
Last weekend? Maybe not.
5. …backed up your computer?
Work computer – never. The server does it automatically daily. Home computer? Neither of them work and are both sitting in the basement collecting dust.
I will learn to tango. If he will come and give me personal instruction.
I gave blood today. I am type O, so it’s especially important for me to do this. They like me there. They call me when I can donate again, because I’m a universal donor. I feel good about doing it, too. The second time I went to donate blood, back in August or September, they told me that my donation was going to be used for up to four babies! That got me hooked. Plus, I know there are lots of people who can’t give blood, whether it’s because they’re not healthy or whatever reason. Like , who passed out and chipped a tooth once, so now she can’t give.
I grew up going with as she gave blood, so I guess I’m entrenched in the idea that this is what you do.
Anyways, Be Nice To Me, I Gave Blood.
1. Are you superstitious?
No, on a practical level I don’t believe in “all that stuff.” I am, however, much of a germophobe.
2. What extremes have you heard of someone going to in the name of superstition?
I can’t think of anything. I know when I was little we used to skip down the sidewalk, trying not to land on cracks.
3. Believer or not, what’s your favorite superstition?
Throwing salt over one’s shoulder seems… silly. Walking under ladders always makes me duck my head a little bit.
4. Do you believe in luck? If yes, do you have a lucky number/article of clothing/ritual?
No, I don’t believe in luck. I actually was part of a church that wouldn’t have potluck dinners because it used the word “luck,” so they had “Community Dinners” or something to that effect. I don’t have a favorite number (except when exaggerating, and then it’s usually 27 or 42), and I don’t have lucky clothes (although some definitely make me look cuter than others).
5. Do you believe in astrology? Why or why not?
I don’t. I used to read my horoscope all the time, and it never came true, and then it seemed to be a little… religious for me, so I stopped reading altogether. I just recently have allowed myself to read, in fun, a horoscope or two. They still don’t come true. I was supposed to meet a guy on the 8th of this month, and… NO.
They got engaged right before Christmas, wedding will be in July in the Chicago area. I’m a bridesmaid. Yay!
1. What’s the most daring thing you’ve ever done?
Within 24 hours I decided to take a job in Arizona for the summer (from Minnesota) and left within 2 weeks.
2. What one thing would you like to try that your mother/friend/significant other would never approve of?
I’d really like a tattoo.
3. On a scale of 1-10, what’s your risk factor? (1=never take risks, 10=it’s a lifestyle)
I’m pretty cautious. Probably a 2.
4. What’s the best thing that’s ever happened to you as a result of being bold/risky?
In Arizona I made some of the best friends I have. And I got over a guy while I was there. And had the chance to heal over getting fired.
5. … and what’s the worst?
I was really unprepared for that summer (and, to be honest, a little emotionally unstable).